In his 20+ years as a crisis, issues and reputation adviser, Andrew Griffin has helped some of the world’s biggest companies and most trusted organisations as they respond to the most difficult of circumstances.
A former CEO of crisis and issues specialists Regester Larkin and lead partner of Deloitte's Reputation, Crisis and Resilience practice, he supports clients across all sectors, working with Boards, senior executive teams, communications teams and resilience functions.
As well as being a trusted advisor in issues and crises, he builds organisational capability in this specialist discipline and helps clients learn lessons and make positive change after an event.
A regular commentator and speaker, he has written two books on the subject, including most recently Crisis, Issues and Reputation Management.
The Griffin Consultancy has a partner brand, ResilienC, which specialises in organisational resilience, operational readiness and strategic risk mitigation. ResilienC was established by Rick Cudworth who, as a former partner in the Big 4 consultancies for over 20 years, has a proven track record in helping organisations improve their resilience. He is Chair of the British Standards Institution Technical Committee for Continuity & Resilience, and a member of the Cabinet Office Behavioural Science Expert Group as part of the National Security Risk Assessment process for the UK. Rick has also contributed to and was an editor of the National Preparedness Commission’s Report: ‘Resilience Reimagined: A practical guide for organisations’, published in March 2021 in collaboration with Cranfield University and Deloitte.
For more information about ResilienC, please click here.
A network of experts
Andrew works with a network of associates, and alongside other consultancies, to bring scale and additional specialism to clients and projects. This networks brings skills in public affairs, media relations, risk and other disciplines and experience from senior in-house and consultancy roles across multiple sectors.
Here is a selection of crises and issues that we have helped to manage.
- Legacy issues and regulatory intervention on land contamination (chemicals company)
- Sexual harassment allegations and subsequent leadership/organisational change (charity)
- Serious crime committed by personnel (law firm)
- Health risk discovery and subsequent factory closure and redundancies (manufacturer)
- Product contamination and subsequent stock management (pharmaceuticals company)
- Corruption allegations and arrest of senior leader (construction company)
- Allegations of improper conduct, regulatory intervention and facility shutdown (life sciences company)
- Post-crisis change and development of reputation governance (bank)
- Legacy issues relating to controversial healthcare product (life sciences company)
- Death of customer, regulatory intervention and media/interest group campaign (technology company)
- Cyber-attack (supplier to healthcare industry)
- Long term campaign against controversial product (food manufacturer)
- Data breach (science organisation)
- Tanker grounding and oil spill (oil company)
- Regulatory failure of key product (pharmaceuticals company)
- Activist campaign and property occupation (air transport industry)