A serious issue or crisis can put your organisation’s people, finances, reputation and future at risk.
You need access to experienced and expert advisors, helping you make and communicate decisions and bring order and structure to difficult and complex situations.
We provide this live advice and support in:
Acute crisis management, where the highest level of response has been invoked and the most senior teams involved.
Longer term issues management, where a situation needs resolution over time.
Our support to the function that is often the busiest and highest profile in a time of internal and external scrutiny and pressure
Crisis management response
When crises strike, we provide advice and support in the following key areas:
- Strategic counsel at the most senior levels: to the crisis management team, its leader, the Board, and the heads of functions
- Facilitation: helping ensure the governance and procedures are followed, and supporting (or performing) the crisis coordinator role
- Crisis communications: see our page on how we support this busy function
Issues management support
An issue is more than a risk. It is already happening. It requires a special way of working but, unlike an acute crisis, there is more space and time to resolve the situation; it therefore takes place within business as usual. An unresolved issue can be ignited by a trigger event into a full-blown crisis, but even without this it can do serious damage to reputation.
We can help you manage – and resolve – the trickiest of issues. And we have tried and tested methodology for doing so.
See our experience of issues and crises we have helped to manage.
Crisis communications support
All crises require good communication. People inside and outside the organisation want to know what is happening and what you are doing about it. If they don’t get it from you they will go elsewhere.
We can help your communications function build capability, creating procedures and running function-specific training and exercising. And when the organisation is responding to a crisis, we can help by:
- Providing strategic advice to communications leaders and their team
- Supporting with the coordination of the team
- Developing communication strategies and plans
- Drafting and testing messaging and producing collateral
- Coaching spokespeople
- Devising stakeholder engagement programmes
- Providing media response support
See our experience of issues and crises we have helped to manage, all of which required both internal and external communication.
Build a flexible crisis management and issues response capability that works, so you are ready for anything
Respond to live issues and crises, providing the advice and guidance you need
Recover from the experience, learning lessons and changing for the better
Apply a reputation lens to your business strategy and decision making